Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Library Dating

In March, 2009, when I was working on an essay on online dating, I encountered the following posting:

"Sex in the library is overblown. Don't you want a little more? Here is what I want:

You e-mail me a call number of any book you like.  We meet there tomorrow night at 8:30 p.m. There, you tell me why you chose it.  We hang out for awhile (maybe get a coffee downstairs). Afterwards, we go back to week ten and looming finals.

I have no expectations for looks, sex appeal or performance, endowment, race, religion, ethnicity.  I just want a good ol' fashioned library date.

The deal is that I can only choose one person, and my choice will be based on the call number you choose.

Up for the challenge?"

I have always regretted that I did not respond.

No comments: